PYROPAC Outdoor Camping Survival Instant Fuel Gel 4in1
PyroPac Instant Heat Gel military version has been approved and contracted by the Department of Logistics Agency (DLA) as the replacement for Trioxane Fuel bars used for years by the US Army. It was only available to the military until now. Pyropac Fuel Gel was designed and developed by military experts with the needs of soliders and humanitarian relief in mind - an efficient heat source for field soldiers while being safe, odorless, smokeless, non restrictive, economical, non toxic and yet friendly with the environment. PyroPac does just that and more. PyroPac will not freeze or melt and burns burn up to 1358 degrees F up to 10,000 ft of elevation; non-toxic and only by-product is carbon dioxide, water and sand. Because the gel burns with a steady clear blue flame with low luminosity, the flame is all but invisible to the naked eye and therefore safer to use in a combat situation as compared to other heating alternatives.
Warm up a can of soup, stew, spaghetti, beans, etc. or boil water with a packet of food... A safer and greater heat source for combustion per unit mass was needed to replace the old "Heat Tabs". This energy source, the PyroPac was developed to provide a product to heat your beverage and entree' at the same time in less than eight minutes. In addition to improve efficiency it has reduced the weight burden of soldiers and provided a non restrictive transportable product...YES, this can go on an airplane!
The Product Byproduct
Because of its high ignition point and low vapor pressure, there are no restrictions on how the PyroPac Fuel Gel Product can be shipped. It is not classified as hazardous before, during, or after it is used. It's even safe to transport by airplane. The gel is water soluble and non-toxic with little to no generation of odor, vapor, or smoke emissions while burning. The residue remaining after use is a small amount of sandy powder that can be blended into the soil base leaving no trace behind.
This product was designed to use only what you need with no waste, using "green sense."
How To Use
1. Tear pouch at notch or open cap.
2. Squeeze out proper amount on surface selected for combustion. Minimum amount under normal conditions and 14 oz and of water is approx. 1 packet of gel. More gel may be required depending on conditions (actual temp).
3. Light gel and place stove/stand over burning gel. Insure stand opening is down wind.
4. Place canteen cup on stove/stand with canteen cup handle opposite opening and in the direction of the wind. Fill cup with water
5. Allow 5 minutes for water to reach 140F (light steam) depending on conditions. Rolling boil can be activated in less than 10 minutes with sufficient gel.
6. Upon completion distribute residue over area for security. Insure gel has completely burned or is extinguished.
- It is very important that the burn is shielded from wind to optimize heat transfer.
- The amount of gel required is directly related to weather, altitude and amount of material to be heated.
- Insure no trace of residue (sand) is visible upon completion. Leave no trace for security reasons. (military). Do not liter.
- Pyro pac is non-toxic and not palatable. Could be hazardous to your health if large amounts are consumed. Do not eat.
- This product does not produce smoke or odor during proper combustion. Should smoke or odor be detected, increase height of stand to improve air / fuel mixture.
- Pyro pac is a mixture of unrestricted materials (USDOT) and can be placed on an aircraft or sent through the mail without restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How quickly will it heat my coffee and hot chocolate?
In approximately 3 1/2 minutes with a 1 ounce package using an 8 ounce cup of water.
2. How strong is your packaging?
Packages are designed and built to military specifications. With innovative heavy, foil laminated polyethylene pouches, and poly-nylon squeeze packages. Packaging costs but offers you what is needed - protection until used.
3. Is it toxic and what is the impact on the environment?
It is totally non-toxic, prior to burn, during burn and after burn. It can be eaten but is not palatable. The taste is not great. As for Mother Nature, the residue is pure sand and the only other two by-products are water and carbon dioxide. Easy clean up.
4. Does it smoke or smell up the area?
PyroPac burns with a smokeless, blue flame and produces no odor.
5. How about shelf life?
Indefinite. Use only what you need.
6 Can you transport it on aircraft, ship or send it through the mail?
Per U.S. Department of Transportation Classification, with it's high ignition point and low vapor pressure, it has a fire hazard rating of 1, and is readily shipped with safety. There are no DOT restrictions and can move through all mail services.
7. Can your packages be opened and then reused at a later date?
Yes, especially the squeeze pouches. The pouches have been designed for one time use only, although they can be reused.
To serve you in a more efficient while cost-effective way, shopping cart is available 24 hours a day online! All order will be processed and shipped as quickly as possible. Generally, processing time is usually 0-1 working day for stocked items.
If you are not comfortable with shopping online, simply drop an e-mail with the item name, quantity that you are after and physical delivery address. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Please note that order has already been shipped out cannot be revised or cancelled.
All prices are shown in Australian Dollars; do not accept other currency.
Generally, Fusion Gear accepts the following forms of payment.
- Bank Transfers/Direct Deposit
- Credit Card (visa/mastercard/debit card) * do NOT accept credit card from international customers.
Generally, all orders will be shipped on the same working day upon receipt of cleared payment by received before 2pm ACST. Whilst all orders are processed and shipped as quickly as possible; Fusion Gear is not liable for any consequential losses caused by late delivery.
Estimated arrival dates are a general guideline, not guaranteed, which is subject to a range of factors, including mailing address, availability of the item(s) ordered, payment & shipping method, weather and/or other unforeseen circumstances.
Buyer who places an order with incorrect information is liable for all aspects of shipping costs and will only be refunded the value of the goods only NOT the subsequent carriage costs. Should redelivery be required, postage is ought to be collected prior to shipment.
To international buyers, Fusion Gear is able to provide the shipping date and customs declaration reference number; provides no tracking information as international parcels cannot be tracked after leaving Australia (except Express Courier). It is highly recommended that international buyer get themselves familiar with the local importation requirements and restrictions, who is solely responsible for payment of applicable duties, taxes and other fees if applicable. Fusion Gear does not assume liability for fees/taxes/expenses incurred during the importation of products and does not refund for packages seized by customs or unclaimed at customs.
Because of the large volume of products shipped each day, it is impossible for Fusion Gear to check each and every individual item prior to shipping. As such, every item is assumed to have left the factory in function, undamaged condition. Should an item is damaged, defective, or need warranty repair, the Buyer is obliged to notify FUSION GEAR of the intended replacement at first place and return within 10 days as of the invoice date, ensure all items returned appropriately packed.
The item(s) in return shall be in: BRAND NEW, UNUSED, UNCARRIED, UNDAMAGED CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL PACK with all materials, instructions, paperwork and proof of purchase, there are certain items may not accept return, for instance hydration equipment and factory second etc though. Buyer bears any cost relating to return/replacement.
Fusion Gear will send the replacement or refund to the Buyer whichever the case applies within 2 working days upon receipt of the faulty goods returned in good order that are not exhibited damage or non-functional as a result of improper use or treatment or modification beyond specification.
Fusion Gear does not accept returns for no reason simply as an example "changed my mind". Australian Consumer Law (ACL) provides the Buyer with statutory rights and consumer guarantees. The Return Policy is in addition to your rights and remedies you may have under the ACL.
For more details on return/warranty, simply go to Return Policy; or drop us an e-mail info(at)fusiongear.com.au.
Oops, nothing yet. Be the first to write a review.